Whether you’re moving items to a new property or storage unit in Cape Town
, it’s stressful. Take away the hassle and hire a professional moving company to help you make your move as smooth as possible. We’ve done the research for you and found the top two moving companies in Cape Town.
Self-Storage Moving Trucks
Two Men and a Truck
are furniture-removal specialists in Cape Town such as valuable cabinets, chairs, dressers, tables and anything else you need transported to storage.Mario’s Movers
is able to move all of your belongings safely. They pride themselves on taking stress out of moving. Do you have a piano and are worried about it getting damaged? Mario’s Movers specializes in transporting grand, upright baby grand pianos.
Do you need packing supplies? Find everything you need at Alternative Storage’s shop
.4 ways to package your items efficiently for storage
- Individually wrap breakable items: Plates, bowls and all other types of crockery that are prone to chipping. It’s best to wrap these securely in heavy duty bubble wrap. Also, once you’ve packed the box, old newspapers or just old cloths and rags as cushioning.
- First pack items that you use the least: Rather get items such as gardening equipment and other seasonal objects out of the way, so that you can focus on items you use more frequently.
- Use large boxes for lightweight item and small boxes for heavy items: This may sound strange it’s best for heavy items to fit snugly in a box to prevent potential damage from rolling around.
- Don’t exceed the weight limit of the box: Even if there’s a little extra space in a box packed with a heavy item, rather don’t overload it because this can cause the bottom of the box to break.
- Plan your space. Stack bulky and heavy items at the bottom and to the back of the unit, leaving the goods you will need access to most in the front of the unit.
- Cover furniture with a dust cover or sheet.
- Clean all items thoroughly (vacuuming for food crumbs, cleaning garden items, ensure fridges and/or freezers are completely clean and dry). Make sure everything else you pack is clean and dry to prevent mold and mildew.
Visit out site for more important storage tips
Not sure what size storage unit you need? Use Alternative Storage’s unit size calculator
All you have to do is fill in the number of household goods you want to store and the calculator will show the approximate amount of space you need.